Sunday 17 April 2022

Parts of the chocolate industry are letting down society, says Councillor Kath Nisbet.


"Good Friday started with some excellent news for me as Reuters news agency reported that the giant Italian confectioner Ferrero, agreed to stop buying palm oil from Malaysian planters Sime Darby after it was revealed they were using forced labour on their plantations" "I'm certain that it will make Nutella and of course Ferrero Rocher taste a little sweeter to me in future, not that I eat much of it but at Easter chocolate gets a boost in most homes" said Councillor Nisbet.


She continued: "But on opening my newspaper it was revealed that Nestle, PepsiCo and Oreo makers Mondelez are still advertising their wares in Russia even though their mother countries are involved in the sanctions against Russia".


"Like many of my constituents I have been shocked and dismayed at the happenings and reports from Ukraine and support the stands being taken by trade unionists and workers in Eastern and Central Europe who its said have organised a boycott of the big three's products."


"In the past I worked in Central
Europe and know how let down workers there will feel about the activities of these confectioners in the face of a disgraceful war in a neighbouring Country. I hope we hear from the TUC in the coming days to see what direction our trade unions will travel on this matter".


No comments:

Post a Comment

Conservatives to stretch supply lines further than the 7th Cavalry at Little Big Horn

  As footsoldiers and Conservative party branches begin to feel the strain through the loss of active members and their strategists on the...